North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEHP 018c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shapsummit
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: NEHP 018c Reply with quote

Hi all,
I wonder if someone can help with a problem I am having with this work order. I am just pulling into Hoodoo, slowing down for the 20 MPH speed restriction, I get the pop up about stopping by the coal chute for a brake test then I either get a broken coupler or a car derailed. It seems to be happening about 1 hour 48 minutes to 1.53 of running time. I have tried going through the platform road and also the coaling road with the same results.

Regards, Keith.

Eng. #34

Above all, Helicopters save lives.
pclawser
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: 18c Reply with quote

I am presently running the activity and have passed the point you mention. Everything worked well here. I stayed on the main line. There is no activity level changing or action reporting in this activity. The messages are informative only. There is no traffic, so the fault must be in your train. Maybe running slower and with less power changing might help. Where you put the new helpers, that you add, might make a difference.

Later, when you are told to drop all of your helpers, do not drop any of your lead F unit helpers. You need that power.

Good Luck,

NERRCDE1, NERRCST1, NERRCP1, NERR-D2-2010
OHV Cert. BTO, ATO, PTO, STO, AD
shapsummit
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, maybe I will go back aways and reposition the extra helpers and try again, but not 'til next week as myshifts start again tomorrow.

Regards,

Keith.

Eng. #34

shapsummit
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update this thread, I finally went back to the pick up point for the extra helpers and slotted them in at the point that I was having the derailment/broken coupling, between cars 114 and 118 in my case, and then it was a breeze from there, managed to finish it early.

Regards,

Keith.

Eng. #34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: