North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

missing 2 files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rip Van Winkle
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: missing 2 files Reply with quote

When loading one of the activities for Hoodoo Pass, I get the error message that 'textures\concrete3.ace' and 'A1tPnt2_5dRgt.s' could not be found. The error isn't activity specific, but route specific so if the activity takes place on that particular section of track, I get the error.

Did a search of all of my routes (they are all minis) and also my original MSTS folder, but no luck. It seems like I remember running into these 2 files missing from another route...I think it was C&NW VRR. I can run the activity without the files...just looks kind of funny going from one piece of track to grass and back to track though.

I searched for these files at trainsim.com with no luck, but they could be buried in some larger file somewhere there. any help would be appreciated. I also searched the forums here but couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks, Rip Van Winkle
Lyric Winn
Switchman
Switchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this info from over at the Train-Sim Forums regarding the same issue:

Quote:
1) The xtracks user pack (smaller download) is just all the shapes for the various new track sections, minus the textures. These are contained in the Route Builders edition of xtracks (much larger download), as it is the route builder who will include the required additional textures in the download of his route, so the end user needs not download them separately.

2) xtracks adds the global/tsection.dat which lists ALL add-on track and road shapes, not only those contained in xtracks, but also those of ytracks, tramtracks, newroads, scalerail, UK Fine Scale, mtracks etc. When you work in the Route Editor, you see this list, regardless whether all these track and road packs are installed on your machine or not.

Cures:

1) Download the Route Builder's edition of xtracks and drop all the additional textures into your route's texture folders, per instruction coming with xtracks. Once use RouteRiter to compact the route for upload, any unused extra textures will be removed for you anyways.

2) RouteRiter has a function called "make tsection.dat". It edits the global/tsection.dat in such a way that it only displays those road and track shapes that are actually installed on your machine. Not only does this cure the problem of errors and crashes when selecting an inexistent track or road piece in RE, but it also reduces the size of the global/tsection.dat file considerably, which is both improving available memory and stability of the sim (even with MSTS bin, why strain the memory more than necessary?).

It would appear that all you really need do is grab the missing files from the route builders version of xTracks and drop them into your route's texture folder. The other step is purely optional.

Hopefully this will cure what ails your version of Hoodoo. Smile

Rip Van Winkle
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyric,

Thank you so much. I've already got the other xtracks file, just never unzipped it as I didn't think I'd need it. Now, I guess I do. Will let you know how it works out and thanks again.

Rip, ID33
Engineer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: