North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hoodoo Pass won't run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prr4ever
Conductor
Conductor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Hoodoo Pass won't run Reply with quote

I downloaded this route (Twice) followed all the instructions to the letter. Did it several times. Each time the route will not load in MSTS. Looking at the route folder there is no "Activities" folder or "Services" folder. Made the folders. Went to the Activity editor, made an activity and path. Editor pops a box states "unable to create service."

I am able to create activities on other routes. The path I made is present. No activity is present in the route folder and the route will not load in MSTS.

I have read the posts for this route.

Dave K.
artimrj
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have to create the Activity, PATH and Services folders before you can make an activity. The folders must exist. I beleive this was an error in compiling the route for distribution and there may be a patch here somewhere that just copies empty folder to the install with 1 path in the path folder to make it visible.

Check and see if all the folders are in the route's folder. You can look at another route's folder structure to make them the same.

NERR Engineer ID #1

To Fly is Heavenly, to Hover is Divine...
prr4ever
Conductor
Conductor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Hoodoo Pass Reply with quote

Thanks Bob,

Actually I had created those folders in the route. The read me states that the route comes with a couple of activities so the folders should be there already but are not. It does install with the "PATH" folder and several paths are present.

I was having trouble creating an activity using the AE. Decided to download an act from NERR and that installed correctly after I created the missing folders and the route does now run okay.

I will go to the AE later and see if the problem is still there.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: