North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kd5giv
Brakeman
Brakeman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Error messages Reply with quote

Hello,

This message is to let the maker of Hoodoo pass know that without installing another activity this route has alot of errors. After you install an activity it works just great. The errors I am refering to were something having to do with loading the explore route activity. I can't remember the words but the route even froze the simulator on the screen where you click start after choosing the activity, which at that time was explore route. I installed an vnerr activity and it loaded without error. Otherwise, great route Kip.

robertr
Route Developer
Route Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, not sure you are referring to the same thing, but any route needs an activity to run successfully. Especially, if it is the only one out in view to MSTS and has no activity you get various messages something to the affect MSTS couldn't make an Explore Activity, then goes downhill fast from there.

Also get the same set of messages if the route is missing an activity, traffic, or services folder. In unpacking an activity, it automatically creates these which takes care of the problem.

Just general information. Wink

Robert R. #109 - NW Division
Cert# 05-1-NERR109A (Diesel, Steam & Passenger)
ADF/M&RM & C&NW & NEAir - All now part of NERR
kd5giv
Brakeman
Brakeman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to make sure isn't the explore the route an activity? That is in the menu before you install real activities. I don't know personally, just making sure I understand.
rlfwood
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kd5giv wrote:
Well just to make sure isn't the explore the route an activity?

Well, not really. An activity has to have a player service (a consist with a path). What the Explore mode does is to create a player service "on the fly", using the consist and path that you choose from the drop-down menus on the Route and Activity Selection screen. Ordinarily, there will only be paths to choose from if some activities have already been installed. If no paths have been installed, then the Explore mode has nothing to work with, and will not function.

Ralph

http://www.train-puzzles.com/
Kip
Honorary Engineer
Honorary Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: hoodoo Reply with quote

This is not my "department".... Cool but.....

Sounds like an "Activity SNAFU". Explore Mode uses Paths. Any player activity scenario and player service that is not complete, including the correct consists called out, will have and will cause a fatal error. Explore Route has one requirement: A Path. As stated above, activity/service criteria must be complete. The errors you are getting is not a route problem. Hoodoo has been totally tested and time tested to boot for a couple of years. One thing too is the corruption of files during download and/or unpacking, unzipping and so on and so forth. This includes all required files for 3rd party activity writers and scenario's.

The other fellahs make the activities...I just made the gameboard. Hope things work out for ya... Smile

Creator of PRRR and Hoodoo Pass 2.5 "Cascadia" (semi-retired)
"I'm not a real engineer, but I play one on TV"

NERR's Hoodoo Pass 1.0.
NERR's Wisconsin Central 1.1
NERR's Chippewa Valley 1.0
Now released to the NERR masses.
UlteriorModem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my two cents.

I hit the same error and thought to myself.. "Oh I need to put an activity in first" (shrug).

Why is this stickied ?
elementb
Superintendent Maintenance of Way
Superintendent Maintenance of Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UlteriorModem wrote:
Just to add my two cents.

I hit the same error and thought to myself.. "Oh I need to put an activity in first" (shrug).

I think when it was originally packaged that there was no activities included so you would have this problem. Also think it might state that in the documents but I could be wrong on that.

UlteriorModem wrote:
Why is this stickied ?

No idea but I unstuck it.

oldgreyowl
Superintendent
Superintendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian , you and that majic wand. Wink Wink Wink

oldgreyowl

PARR # 32
GLARR # 51
BRS # 78
kd5giv
Brakeman
Brakeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well adding an activity made it peachy anyway. So no problems now. It's just the first route that I have installed that didn't have an activity so I didn't know it would do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: