North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Route Riter - some first steps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Help for New Engineers - Please Read
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Route Riter - some first steps. Reply with quote

I have found that RR is very useful for me. I use it in a couple of ways, the first of which is to check that a route is installed correctly.

Let's have a look at a few steps to start using RR for this single purpose.

1. Download the latest full version of RR to your hard drive. Put it in a folder where you can find it again. Install it according to the instructions.

2. To check a route, make sure that you have installed the route and run the install.bat that almost always is to be found in the root folder of the route. Then run RR and do the following:

(a) Open the Routes folder in the left hand pane of the four in the top half of the screen. This is done by default in my installation. You should see the routes that you have installed listed there. If not, you can navigate to the Routes folder in your MSTS installation.

(b) Double-click on the route that you want to check. It should open that route folder and show sub-folders like Activities, Envfiles, etc. In the second pane from the left, it should also show some files with extensions like ace and mkr.

(c) Click on the large pink button marked Confirm Route.

(d) Then click on the button marked Check Route. Now sit back and wait and wait for quite some time. Various things will flash in various parts of the program screen.

(d) The program will throw up windows with messages as it goes through its task if it runs across missing files. In general, it will fix any errors such as missing files and mis-spelled words, but occasionally it will ask you to approve something that it wants to do. I almost always agree with the program; it usually knows more about the routes than I do.

(e) At the end of its task, it will put up a window in which it will tell you what it had to do to fix the route.

And that's it.

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Help for New Engineers - Please Read All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: