North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not an Engineer, but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Ask a Real Engineer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomlsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Not an Engineer, but.... Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I am a new member. My screen name is tomlsa, but you can call me Tom. I am a 39+ year railroad employee (not in engine service) and would like to let you know that if you have railroad related questions, I could possibly answer them for you or at least point you in the right direction for an answer. I would be happy to do so.

I started with the A.T. & S.F. Rwy in 1972 (18 years old) in the Passenger Services Department. (Even though Amtrak started in 1971, they did not absorb the Santa Fe positions until May, 1974.)
I am still an active employee with Amtrak running Train #3 & 4 between Los Angeles and Chicago, so my work area is the Cajon, Needles, Seligman, Gallup, Gorietta, Raton, La Junta Subs., etc. I also worked Train # 11 & 14 between Los Angeles and Seattle for 15 years, so I am familiar with that territory also.

This has gotten really wordy, so, let me finish by saying Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope this generates some interest. Next time around, I will post some railroad trivia and see if anyone is interested.

Remember, You can always tell a railroad man, you just can't tell him much!
pclawser
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: stories Reply with quote

Good activities can be generated from railroad stories. Do you have any public domain stories that you can pass on?

NERRCDE1, NERRCST1, NERRCP1, NERR-D2-2010
OHV Cert. BTO, ATO, PTO, STO, AD
KRDustyDalton
Conductor
Conductor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard Tom! I've been laid up due to back surgery.
I Joined the United States Marine Corps in 1969. After I served
a Tour of Duty in Vietnam,(1969-1970) I had a GED. But Commandant Cushman had other Ideas! "All Marines will have Bonafied High School Diplomas." So I was a Marine Corps Reservist and started working for Grand Trunk Western as a Road Brakeman in 1973-1974.
I would often ride in the Caboose. On a few accusations I road on the Head End. At the time GTW was still using GP9s and GP18s. Just as I Received My High School Diploma, GTW bought the GP38AC-2s. I left the Railroad On Good Terms, To go Back into the Regular Marine Corps. I am a 5th Generation
Marine 1969-1988.
Enough on me. Welcome Aboard once again Tom! Hope to see
you more in the Forums here.
Semper Fidelis,
GySgt. K.R. Dalton USMC Med.Ret.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Ask a Real Engineer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: