North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEFB-317-03A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Full Bucket Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesM
Baggage Man
Baggage Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: NEFB-317-03A Reply with quote

I recently ran this activity, NEFB-317-03A. The work order says it should take 25 minutes. Well, when i saved the activity it said i had taken 1 Hour 33 minutes and 12 seconds to finish. I should have just rerun the activity, as that is way too long. Instead I submitted a time slip. Well, it said i had taken too long and to contact this person to basically explain why it took so long. The problem is I can't remember the email address it gave me. What I would really like to do is rerun the activity. I just don't know if it will cause any problem since I've all ready submitted a time slip.

JamesM
ID# 40
Jim Moody
JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can re-run the work order without causing any problems to any of our systems. You can run a work order as often as you like, and you can submit a time slip for as many runs as you like.

The system will not accept a time slips for more than about twice the estimated length of time that the work order's developer said that it should take - 25 minutes in this case. That is why you were given that error message.

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
Dutchbensa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: NEFB-317-03A Reply with quote

JamesM wrote:
I recently ran this activity, NEFB-317-03A. The work order says it should take 25 minutes. Well, when i saved the activity it said i had taken 1 Hour 33 minutes and 12 seconds to finish. I should have just rerun the activity, as that is way too long. Instead I submitted a time slip. Well, it said i had taken too long and to contact this person to basically explain why it took so long. The problem is I can't remember the email address it gave me. What I would really like to do is rerun the activity. I just don't know if it will cause any problem since I've all ready submitted a time slip.

JamesM
ID# 40
Jim Moody

Hi James, It took me also more than a hour to run this WO. I think the person whom submitted the W0 made a mistake in setting the time limit. This wo order is very time consuming with all the shunting and switching. On top of that you have to go back to pick up the rest of the wagons. Which in my opinion put somebody right off. As the author said, "the engine is on his last legs" and and therefore it will take a long time to get back at Dykens transfer. At a snail pace. I Just run B and C and submitted the time slip for them. As you said the system does not accept the the time slip for A pity. Sad Good luck and enjoy.
rlduncan
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run this twice and was in the range of 35 to 40 minutes both times.
NERR #268
NERRCDE1
NERRD2
Former vFBL Road Foreman
Dutchbensa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: NEFB-317-03a Reply with quote

Well well, if it, according to you can be done in 40 minutes. I must give it another try.

ID# 48
Dutchbensa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: NEFB-317-03a Reply with quote

I did run this work order again and indeed it can be in 25 to 30 minutes. But there is a "glitz" in the activity! If you reverse and use the reverse points then you will pick up all the cars with the switches automatically set. But that was not the intention of the creator. The intention was to pick up cars as per work order starting with I.E assembling :
32777-0 Location 1
32778-0

32774-0 Coal loading 2
32775-0
32776-0

32771-0
32772-0 Coal loading 1
32773-0
All this has to be done with manual switching! The cars not wanted have to be shunted to different track in order to get at the required cars.
Then the the picked up cars ( as above work order) have to be dropped off at the transfer track. And now for the nasty surprise! Now you must all the way back and pick up the remaining cars which on its own takes already 25 minutes. Hence all in all it with my first attempt it took more than a hour.
It is not possible to do the complete work order in 25 minutes.

ID #48
Cert. Nil
rlduncan
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you solved the problem. Some of these activities are tricky.
NERR #268
NERRCDE1
NERRD2
Former vFBL Road Foreman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Full Bucket Line All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: