North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AI Trains not continuing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Dual Fictional Route Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanadaSouthern
Brakeman
Brakeman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: AI Trains not continuing Reply with quote

I'm working on an activity that passes through the Winterland Ski resort and the BWF Interchange siding. I have an AI train meeting the player train at the east end of Winterland that goes onto the North platform siding as the Player train waits for it to clear. Once the train is on this siding, the signal at the west end of the track never clears. I thought that since my train is still sitting in a position where it has not cleared the westbound signal, effectively allowing me to back up, the signal wouldn't clear anyway. But once I have the rear end of the player train past the WB signal at the far end, it still doesn't clear. The same is hapenning at the BWF Interchange siding. The train enters the passing track from the east end, but the west end never clears.

Any ideas why this would happen?

vNERR 114
vC&NW 0208
PC Canada Division 752166 (Dec 1973-May1985)
CN Rail (May1985-Dec 1986)
London Transit Operator 1987-2013
London Transit Inspector 2013 -

40 Years of Transportation employment!
pclawser
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: two Reply with quote

Two possibilities come to mind.

Do you have the two ends of the siding marked as a passing track. The mark is a separate placement at each end.

Sometimes this happens and there is no cure.

NERRCDE1, NERRCST1, NERRCP1, NERR-D2-2010
OHV Cert. BTO, ATO, PTO, STO, AD
CanadaSouthern
Brakeman
Brakeman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean that in the activity I used the "Begin Passing Siding", no I didn't use that option.

When I created the path for the AI, I just followed the green line, took other exit to go into the siding, and it exited using path of least resistance back to the main. Once the train enters the passing siding and my train clears the switch at the AI exit, the signal never clears.

I did come up with another solution tho'. As I entered Winterland from the west, I took the player train into a passing track to the right and kept the AI on the main. Once I cleared the west switch, the AI continued on with a green, and when the player train got to the east switch and the AI had cleared, I got a green to exit the passing track back to the main.

I've read some tutorials about using AI and passing tracks and that the player is advised to stay on the main and put the AI to the passing track. But in this instance, the opposite works where the advice doesn't!

vNERR 114
vC&NW 0208
PC Canada Division 752166 (Dec 1973-May1985)
CN Rail (May1985-Dec 1986)
London Transit Operator 1987-2013
London Transit Inspector 2013 -

40 Years of Transportation employment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Dual Fictional Route Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: