North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

missing files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Archived Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
godsent_slim
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: missing files Reply with quote

i have the course zipped and in it it states to look at the NEARS firing tutorial. does anyone have a copy to send to JON so he can add it to the zip? and send it to me too?
JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are the file(s) that you are looking for? The Steam Firing Tutorial zip file contains 1 apk file - install that. It is a work order that you run to undertake the tutorial. You'll get instructions in pop-ups as you drive.

And this post should be in the Steam Course forum, not in the Archived Threads forum.

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
godsent_slim
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you run the act in your msts you will see in the instructions "to read the nears_steam_firing file included in THIS ZIP for instructions"

the was the ONLY steam course forum i found nothing in the steam operaTIONs nothing in any other forum topics.

i try to find thing after i stop n read many times the instructions to make things easier on everyone.

JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steam Course forum is at http://www.vnerrforums.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=73

I sent you an email yesterday about the files that I think that you were looking for.

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
godsent_slim
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks jon but i have this bit of info and it says nothing about how to work the cars i was assuming the "nears firing file" that it's called not steam faq unless it was renamed and the act info was removed. luckily, you have stated that error like this would welcome puzzle fixers. i have already did the act twice once with auto-fireman and once with out guessing from the work order i will take consist to the yard1 and was right on both accounts but it woulda been nice to understand that from the start.

Nears would of explained to turn off auto fireman for this act;
possible faq explanation next;
then couple these cars and drop them in yard1 track.

however we got'er done now jon but for others that what it is.
and if you like i can give a fix on the engine file within the act so it correctly works but need the original folder names as i have changed mine.

if given in this format
ne_0-6-0_19/ne_0-6-0_19.eng that will tell me all i need to know thanks for a wonderful setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Archived Threads All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: