North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEHP-110-03

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesM
Baggage Man
Baggage Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: NEHP-110-03 Reply with quote

Ok, I droped off the log cars and picked up the waste water cars at cedar Point passing track. Pulled out onto the main. had green light all the way to elias station. Shortly after Elias station I came upon a red light about 1.8 miles ahead. Started slowing down in preparation to stop. About .5 miles away the light turned green. I am on a single track, no sisings. I pass the green light and then I notice a train on the same track as me coming straight at me. Where did i go wrong? I should have pulled over some where, but where. Any help would be appreciated.

James Moody
JamesM
ID#40
JamesM
Baggage Man
Baggage Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: NEHP-110-03 Reply with quote

Ok I ran the route again. Same result. I pass Elias Station that has the only place where I could pull over and wait, but all my lights are green until the one at MP 147 which is red until about a mile away when it turns green.. I think I'll run it again and pull over into Elias Station and wait and see what happens. If I can get that train to pass maybe I'll have a clear way.

James Moody
JamesM
ID#40
JamesM
Baggage Man
Baggage Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: NEHP-110-03 Reply with quote

Thanks for viewing my post guys. I sort of figured out how to fix it so i could finish the run. What I did was when I got to Elias Station I stopped at the signal on the far side of the station, even though it was green. It went yellow shortly thereafter and around 10:29 the train came and pulled into Elias station. I then got the green and finished the run. I don't know, maybe i was early is why i had a green there. Anyway, all is well.

James Moody
JamesM
ID# 40
pclawser
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: notes Reply with quote

Yes, same here
Best to keep this in your notes to remember when you run the activity again.

NERRCDE1, NERRCST1, NERRCP1, NERR-D2-2010
OHV Cert. BTO, ATO, PTO, STO, AD
shapsummit
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James, thanks for posting that tip, now I will know what to do when i run that trip.

Regards,

Keith

Eng. #34

Above all, Helicopters save lives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: