North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble installing Hoodoo Pass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bert McClellan
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Trouble installing Hoodoo Pass Reply with quote

I will try this again. I just sent a message. It did not show up.

I downloaded Hoodoo Pass. I unstored all routes in Train Store. I installed the 4 zip files to my MSTS location. How can you go wrong with a zip file? Train Store shows the route as NERR's Hoodoo Pass. I clicked the route unstore this route only and clicked GO. I get a pop up saying, "There are routes "IN Use" but there are no activities in use. MSTS will not run this configuration. Do you want to continue?" No is highlighted. How can a route be in use with all routes unstored?

I went to my msts Routes and the only new route is named PR_NERR. I checked for a install me .bat. Found none. Is PR_NERR the name for Hoodoo Pass?

Any idea where I went wrong? HELP PLEASE Thanks

Bert
Bert McClellan
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I have it working. I really do not understand this, but all I did was install 2 APJ files and run them and it is working. Thanks

Bert Embarassed Embarassed
JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble installing Hoodoo Pass Reply with quote

Bert McClellan wrote:
I downloaded Hoodoo Pass. I unstored all routes in Train Store. I installed the 4 zip files to my MSTS location. How can you go wrong with a zip file? Train Store shows the route as NERR's Hoodoo Pass. I clicked the route unstore this route only and clicked GO. I get a pop up saying, "There are routes "IN Use" but there are no activities in use. MSTS will not run this configuration. Do you want to continue?" No is highlighted. How can a route be in use with all routes unstored?

I went to my msts Routes and the only new route is named PR_NERR. I checked for a install me .bat. Found none. Is PR_NERR the name for Hoodoo Pass?
Bert

1. You can go wrong with zip files very easily if they are spanned zip files. They need to be unzipped according to whatever instructions come with the first zip file in the series.

2. The "In Use" message tells you that the route is unstored (IIRC), so all routes will be "In Use" if they are unstored. Train Store was telling you that there are no work orders / activities (or paths, as well, probably)for the route, so it won't run.

3. Yes, PR_NERR is the route folder for the NERR's Hoodoo pass route. You can check the name of any route by opening the trk file for the route (use one of the many Notepad-type programs). The one for the Hoodoo pass route starts:

Tr_RouteFile (
RouteID ( PR_NERR )
Name ( "NERR's: Hoodoo Pass" )
Description ( "NERR's Hoodoo Pass Version 1.0\n\n"+

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
JohnH
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, what is an "APJ" file? If you mean "APK", then that reinforces my answer #2 above. The route now has a work order to use, so it will run.

There must be a work order, or at least one path file, in the relevant folder in the route in order for the route to be able to run.

Cert.# 04-1-NERR008D
Bert McClellan
Hostler
Hostler

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,

Yes it is APK. The J & K keys are next to each other.

I have never had a route not start without a activity before this one. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks

Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> NERR's Hoodoo Pass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: