North Eastern Railroad Forum Index North Eastern Railroad
We Deliver What Others Promise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has any one every used Swt List Gen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Switch List Generator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighBall
Engineer
Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Has any one every used Swt List Gen. Reply with quote

Hello All

I was wondering if any one has every used this program - I am thinking of buying it to help me create random yard activites that I can use on the different VNERR routes.......let me know if you have and whether it is worth the money.....

HighBall

"Safety and a willingness to obey the rules is of the first importance in the performance of duty. If in doubt, the safe course of action must be taken" (Canadian Rail Operating Rules - General Notice)
rlfwood
Porter
Porter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, and I'd say that it's definitely worth the 12 bucks (especially for creating yard activities). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use, fairly flexible, and allows you to create your own templates if you want to. The manual that comes with it is pretty complete, and walks you step by step through the process.

http://www.train-puzzles.com/
HighBall
Engineer
Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - I am gonna spend the 12 bucks right now.............
"Safety and a willingness to obey the rules is of the first importance in the performance of duty. If in doubt, the safe course of action must be taken" (Canadian Rail Operating Rules - General Notice)
Bill Prieger
A#1
A#1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree once you take the extra time to get your tracks and everything set up. One click and you have a new w/o complete with printable switchlists. Kinda like the real thing, which is what you do anyway.

The only drawback to the program is that it is a random program. It picks how many cars you pick up and spot. You cannot make it do a specific amount at every track. You choose the track, how many cars it will hold and what type of car it will take. The program chooses how many you will actually have to grab from 1 to the max amount the track will hold.

NERR #269
P&A #29
C&NW #0005
Diesel Certification #04-1-NERR269D
Railroad Experiance: 10 years (RW)/ 6 years (MSTS)/Not near enough (AE)/Never will have (RE)
HighBall
Engineer
Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know Bill - this program sounds just like some yard masters - no clue as to what goes where.......
LOCO
Conductor
Conductor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the switchlist generator the same as activity generator? Embarassed
bswitz
Switchman
Switchman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Activity Generator creates new activities with the use of templates available through Skyline Computing. Switchlist Generator lets you change rolliing stock within an established activity. I believe that Switchlist Generator is now called Activity Master. I am in the "learning process" mentioned above. Seems like really good programs. Support, so far, has been excellent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Eastern Railroad Forum Index -> Switch List Generator All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: